EuroELSO & ESPNIC Initiative
Neonatal and pediatric ECMO Course - Pre-Congress Educational Program
This EuroELSO & ESPNIC accredited educational symposium will provide the candidates (anesthetists, pediatric, intensivists, nurses, physiotherapists, perfusionists, pediatric cardiac surgeons and general surgeons) the basic knowledge relative to the management of acute respiratory failure in the critically ill neonate and children.
Starting from non-invasive/invasive ventilation and proceeding to extracorporeal membrane oxygenation. This will be achieved by a combination of interactive lectures, by renowned experts in both the fields of neonatal and pediatric mechanical ventilation and ECMO, with use of interactive hands on sessions.
- Understanding the pathophysiology of acute respiratory failure in neonate and children
- Conventional support using non-invasive and invasive mechanical ventilation
- The role of ECMO in the management of neonatal and pediatric respiratory failure
- Understanding the Basic Physiology of Gas Exchange in VA & VV ECMO
- Management of the native lung in ECMO
- Basic management of coagulation at bedside
- Preventing ECMO complications